DENNIS Uniform COVID-19 Summer Shopping Update
Dear Valued Customers,
We hope that you and your communities are staying safe and healthy. From all of us at DENNIS, know that we have your well-being at the forefront of our hearts and minds.
As the clouds of uncertainty begin to part, we’d like to share with you how we are preparing to safely and thoughtfully serve you this Summer. It is safe to say that uniform shopping will be a little different than past years. Our goal is to continue to deliver best in class service while simultaneously providing a safe shopping experience and environment for our customers and front-line employees.
We have developed a three-phase approach to ensure: (i) Families feel safe shopping; (ii) Our employees feel safe and confident serving customers; and (iii) Students are in uniform on the first day of school.
Phase 1: E-commerce Only. All stores remain closed to customer foot traffic. Present Day to June 15
- We are anticipating a natural and substantial “shift” to online shopping. In preparation for this shift, we have made enhancements to our digital shopping experience, including a refreshed customer interface, live chat, and click-to-call.
- All On-Campus School Selling events are canceled.
Phase 2: E-commerce with Curbside Pickup. June 15 until safe to open our stores to customer foot traffic
- Stores remain closed to customer foot traffic, but open for curbside pickup.
- Virtual Fitting Appointments prioritized for new students.
- All On-Campus Selling events remain canceled.
Phase 3: Stores open. When safe to open to customer foot traffic (State and City specific)
Some of the planned changes to our normal store operations will include:
- Modified hours of operation to ensure enhanced cleanliness and safe social distancing
- Reduction of fitting rooms
- Keeping tried-on/returned merchandise off the sales floor longer than normal
- Health screenings for employees
- Providing face coverings for employees and recommending that customers wear a face covering when shopping
To support our three-phase approach, we have added additional phone lines, staff, and extended hours to our Portland-based National Customer Service Team. We will be ready to answer questions and process an anticipated increase in phone orders and inquiries.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.