Just For Fun
There are endless online recommendations for activities, themes, tutorials, etc that are just plain fun and entertaining. Here are some of our favorites.
- Theme weeks are fun and the options endless: Battle of the Books, Favorite Scientist, Rube Goldberg machines, Scavenger hunts, Game-a-thon, Pirate Week, Fun with Food, Arts & Crafts Week, Around the World, Safari, and more
- Virtual animal activities: There are so many zoo, aquarium and farm live streams that we couldn't list them all. Some of our favorites:
- Animal Planet has expanded their educational offerings with full seasons of The Aquarium, Too Cute, and The Zoo
- Check out Katmai National Park's famous bear cams at Brooks Falls. In the fall, join the voting for Fattest Bear!
- The world famous San Diego Zoo has 12 live cams to watch the antics of baboons, pandas, penguins and more.
- We all love Mo Willems, and it’s great that he’s doing daily art activities with his Lunch Doodles!
- ThisGirlCan has put together Disney Dancealongs for the whole family.
- We Are Teachers keeps an updated list of favorite childrens’ book authors doing online read-alouds and activities.
- Virtual Museum Tours can be fun and educational at the same time. The Smithsonian has a great tour of The National Museum of Natural History, while the British Museum has an amazing interactive virtual tour that we can all appreciate.
- CNN also put together a list of concerts, plays, and other culture you can enjoy from home virtually.
Is there anything we missed? If you know of other great resources, please send the link our way and we will add it. This resource page is for you, by you, and will be updated regularly.